It’s that time of the week again, when we take a look at what the best stock market news of the week is. This time around, we’re focusing on four key stories that you may want to keep an eye on. 1. Facebook Faces Serious Scrutiny Over Its Data Practices 2. Trump Administration Begins To Widen Scope Of Trade War 3. Comcast Pushes Ahead With $40 Billion Acquisition Of Time Warner Cable 4. Tesla Reportedly Eyes Acquisitions To Spur Production
What Are The Stock Market News Stories Of The Week?
The stock market has had a good week, with the Dow Jones industrial average up more than 270 points. Here are some of the top stories from this past week:
1. Amazon (AMZN) announced that it is raising its minimum wage to $15 an hour across all U.S. employees, marking a dramatic turnaround for the company following criticism for paying low wages and not providing benefits such as sick leave.
2. Walmart (WMT) announced that it will increase its starting salary for associates to $11 an hour and provide them with benefits like healthcare and paid maternity leave. The move signals Walmart’s intention to battle against Amazon in the e-commerce market.
3. Sprint (S) struck a deal to acquire Boost Mobile (BOOF) for $26 billion, creating the fifth largest wireless carrier in the United States. The merger is expected to reduce costs and improve service for customers of both companies.
4. Tesla (TSLA) shareholders overwhelmingly approved a proposal that would allow the company to be taken private at $420 per share, valuing the company at almost $70 billion. The move received criticism from some investors who said that Tesla’s valuation was too high given its current debt load and lack of earnings history.
What To Do If You’re Worried About The Stock Market
You’re worried about the stock market. You’re not alone. According to a study by Bankrate, over 60% of Americans are worried about the stock market.
If you’re feeling anxious about the stock market, here are some things to do:
1. Talk to a financial advisor or a representative from your bank or brokerage firm. They can help you understand what’s happening with the stock market and give you advice on how to protect yourself.
2. Read financial news regularly. This will give you an understanding of what’s going on in the market and what risks are associated with it.
3. Make sure you have an emergency fund that is at least three months’ worth of living expenses. This will help you weather any dips in the stock market and provide financial stability during tough times.
4. Consider investing in mutual funds or ETFs rather than owning individual stocks. Mutual funds offer diversification and tend to be less volatile than stocks, which can give you more stability in the short term and long term.
How To Trade The Stock Market
If you’re looking to make money in the stock market, there’s no one-size-fits-all answer. However, following some basic principles can help you make smart investment decisions and achieve better results overall.
1. Do your homework
Before you invest in a stock, be sure to do your research and understand its history, financials, and competitors. This will allow you to form an educated opinion about the company and whether or not it’s worth investing in.
2. Pick a solid investment strategy
When trading stocks, it’s important to have a well-defined investment strategy. This will help ensure that you’re staying focused on your goals and not getting caught up in the emotions of the market. There are many different strategies available to investors, so find one that’s right for you and stick with it.
3. Diversify your portfolio
While it’s important to have a well-defined investment strategy, it’s also important to diversify your portfolio across multiple stocks and sectors. This way, if one stock goes down (or rises), your overall portfolio won’t suffer as much as if all of your assets were invested in that single stock.
Here is a roundup of the best stock market news of the week: – Stocks closed mostly higher on Wall Street after President Trump said he would meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in May or June. This comes as good news for investors as it shows that the two nations are making progress towards resolving their differences and potentially ending the nuclear standoff. – Facebook’s initial public offering (IPO) was one of the biggest ever, raising $26 billion and valuing the company at over $100 billion. This is great news for shareholders, who will see their stakes in Facebook increase significantly after this event. However, some experts have cautioned that Zuckerberg could become too powerful and lack transparency with his control over data privacy.